Buffalo Grove Divorce Settlement Lawyer
We take the time to listen carefully as you describe your priorities, goals and needs for your divorce or family law matter. We tailor our approach to your specific needs, working closely with you to meet your objectives and find your ideal solution. Throughout the process, we will safeguard your interests and the future of your family.
Our firm provides cost-effective legal services across the family law spectrum:
- Divorce. We provide aggressive yet compassionate representation to clients going through the divorce process. We will help you understand your options, protect your rights and guide you toward achieving your goals.
- Paternity and Fathers’ Rights. Establishing the parentage of a child is necessary for mothers interested in securing child support payments and for fathers who wish to obtain visitation and custody rights in order to build a relationship with their son or daughter. We assist mothers and fathers in seeking and defending paternity actions.
- Post-Decree Issues. We assist both plaintiffs and defendants in post-divorce matters, including interpretation of decree provisions, modification of court-ordered obligations, enforcement of existing court orders and reformation of finalized agreements.
- Mediation and Arbitration. We regularly assist clients in avoiding the time-consuming and expensive process of litigation by negotiating advantageous out-of-court settlements through mediation and arbitration.
- Child Custody. This is often the most hotly contested issue in any divorce involving children. We help mothers and fathers to understand their rights, minimize the conflict and work toward a solution that is in the best interests of both the parents and the children.
- Child Support. Our law firm can identify and properly calculate both parents’ incomes and advocate for a fair child support arrangement. We also assist in enforcement and modification of existing child support orders. Whether you feel you pay too much or receive too little, we will advocate for your interests.
- Spousal Maintenance. Whether you want to request spousal maintenance or avoid paying it, we will help you fight for the settlement that is in your best interests.
- Property Division. We will work to ensure a fair division of marital property, including the awarding of assets and the allocation of debt.
- Adoption. Adopting a child is one of the happiest events any parent can experience. We assist clients with stepparent adoption, independent adoption and foster child adoption.
- Orders of Protection. We counsel our clients on decisions to be made when seeking or defending against orders of protection. We also stand up for our clients in court.
- Military Divorce Law.
- More specific family law matters, such as parenting plans, debt and divorce, stepparent rights, grandparent rights and pets.
In addition to our family law practice, we offer legal services related to criminal law, animal law, real estate law, wills, probate, guardianship and a full spectrum of general civil law matters.
Contact An Arlington Heights Family Law Attorney
For additional information about the scope of our practice, call Buffalo Grove Law Offices at 847-222-9429 or contact us online to arrange an affordable initial consultation with a knowledgeable Illinois family law lawyer.
Neither party presented the trial court with expert opinion testimony as to the value of the marital residence and a piece of rental property. The husband testified as to his own personal knowledge of what [...]
At trial, the wife testified about and introduced into evidence several spreadsheets. She argued that they made a basic showing that the husband had dissipated over $160,000. In unaccounted cash withdrawals from his bank accounts [...]
Hospital filed complaint under family expense statute against divorced, noncustodial parent (father) to recover costs of medical services rendered to his child. The Circuit Court granted summary judgment against the father. He appealed. The Appellate [...]
The Trial Court entered a judgment of dissolution. It awarded permanent maintenance to the wife. The wife had spent several years raising their daughter rather than pursuing a career. The Trial Court ordered the husband [...]
Wife filed a petition for dissolution for marriage. Husband filed an answer and counterpetition. He also filed a declaratory judgment action. He was asking that their antenuptial agreement was valid and binding. At the conclusion [...]