Buffalo Grove Divorce Settlement Lawyer
We take the time to listen carefully as you describe your priorities, goals and needs for your divorce or family law matter. We tailor our approach to your specific needs, working closely with you to meet your objectives and find your ideal solution. Throughout the process, we will safeguard your interests and the future of your family.
Our firm provides cost-effective legal services across the family law spectrum:
- Divorce. We provide aggressive yet compassionate representation to clients going through the divorce process. We will help you understand your options, protect your rights and guide you toward achieving your goals.
- Paternity and Fathers’ Rights. Establishing the parentage of a child is necessary for mothers interested in securing child support payments and for fathers who wish to obtain visitation and custody rights in order to build a relationship with their son or daughter. We assist mothers and fathers in seeking and defending paternity actions.
- Post-Decree Issues. We assist both plaintiffs and defendants in post-divorce matters, including interpretation of decree provisions, modification of court-ordered obligations, enforcement of existing court orders and reformation of finalized agreements.
- Mediation and Arbitration. We regularly assist clients in avoiding the time-consuming and expensive process of litigation by negotiating advantageous out-of-court settlements through mediation and arbitration.
- Child Custody. This is often the most hotly contested issue in any divorce involving children. We help mothers and fathers to understand their rights, minimize the conflict and work toward a solution that is in the best interests of both the parents and the children.
- Child Support. Our law firm can identify and properly calculate both parents’ incomes and advocate for a fair child support arrangement. We also assist in enforcement and modification of existing child support orders. Whether you feel you pay too much or receive too little, we will advocate for your interests.
- Spousal Maintenance. Whether you want to request spousal maintenance or avoid paying it, we will help you fight for the settlement that is in your best interests.
- Property Division. We will work to ensure a fair division of marital property, including the awarding of assets and the allocation of debt.
- Adoption. Adopting a child is one of the happiest events any parent can experience. We assist clients with stepparent adoption, independent adoption and foster child adoption.
- Orders of Protection. We counsel our clients on decisions to be made when seeking or defending against orders of protection. We also stand up for our clients in court.
- Military Divorce Law.
- More specific family law matters, such as parenting plans, debt and divorce, stepparent rights, grandparent rights and pets.
In addition to our family law practice, we offer legal services related to criminal law, animal law, real estate law, wills, probate, guardianship and a full spectrum of general civil law matters.
Contact An Arlington Heights Family Law Attorney
For additional information about the scope of our practice, call Buffalo Grove Law Offices at 847-222-9429 or contact us online to arrange an affordable initial consultation with a knowledgeable Illinois family law lawyer.
Prior to the 1991 amendment, case law did not allow children to obtain educational support from their divorced parents’ estates. Unless there was an obligation for the parent to provide such support prior to his [...]
Husband incorporated JDS Homes, a construction business. In 2006, JDS Homes purchased a parcel of land in Burr Ridge known as the Crosscreek Subdivision. The land was divided into 10 separate lots. With the exception [...]
The parties divorce. In their agreement, they are each to make and keep in full force and effect a valid will. It is to provide that each of them will give and bequeath at least [...]
The trial court entered an order terminating father's parental rights as to his minor daughter. She was then five years old. The court granted mother’s and another man’s petition to adopt the child. The court [...]
THE DOWN SIDE OF USING A PREPRINTED FORM The Trial Court entered a two year plenary order of protection. The male Respondent was ordered to stay 500 feet away from his ex-spouse and her 4 [...]
Circuit Court granted wife a plenary order of protection against her estranged husband as to their 3 minor children. The order reduced father's visitation with the children. To 4 hours of weekly supervised visitation and [...]